Making Rights Real is a human rights organisation in Scotland that works with communities and grassroots activists to deliver human rights for everyone. We launched in 2020 and are currently developing human rights initiatives with community groups.
We are keen to extend our board.
We have set up Making Rights Real to be a kind, fun and useful organisation.
Our Values are based on core human rights values of dignity and respect, all our work is underpinned by the principles of a human rights based approach. We are known for:
- Our commitment to the meaningful and inclusive participation of people who most need change, using a friendly and accessible approach.
- Our fearlessness and ambition for practical and impactful change, by holding power to account.
- Using our skills and expertise at the service of people who most need change.
We are looking for new Board members who will help us shape the organisation and decide how we should invest our time.
We would particularly value people with expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Living with human rights concerns
- Experience of accessing justice for issues you have experienced
- Fundraising strategies
- Employment law / human resources
More than anything though, it is your enthusiasm and commitment to social justice and human rights that we need.
The role of Trustee / Board Member may be carried out online or in person.
Please check out our Trustee and Treasurer Roles and Responsibilities in our Recruitment Pack.
Please complete our application form. Applications are open to 9am on Monday 8th January 2024
For an informal discussion about being a Trustee please contact Jo Ferrie, Chair email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you.
Watch our short films from two current Trustees to find out why they are involved in Making Rights Real: